Here you have a list 16 best 10-person camping tents suitable for families and groups, all with very affordable prices and with exceptional designs, designed for summer camping or 3-season camping.
My list of best 10 person family camping tents
The tents in the list are ordered by the floor area from the largest to the smallest.
The list includes the following types:
- Extended dome tents (those are the tents with the numbers 2, 3, 4, 10).
- One is a double-layer type (the number 10), with a full-coverage rain fly.
- All other tents are typical summer camping cabin-type tents. More about cabin tents you can read in my separate text.
- Only one tent here is a true 3-season tent (the number 10).
- Some of the tents are freestanding (1, 6, 7, 8, 9) and others are not. But all of them are very tall tents and I would not use any without staking them to the ground.
- Several tents in the list are instant-type, very suitable for groups and families on cross-country tours. About instant cabin tents, you can read more here.
Are they really for 10 people
The answer is yes and no. There is no doubt that all of them can accommodate the prescribed number of 10 users sleeping in the floor. But only a few of them have extra space for gear, so I would downgrade them all (even the largest ones in the group) for some 3 – 4 people.
1. Ozark Trail 25′ x 12’6″ Instant Double Villa Cabin Tent
This huge tent has an unusual flor structure, and in spite of its dimensions, a couple of people can set it up in a few minutes. This is a double-instant cabin tent with all poles preinstalled, so you only have to unfold it properly and then extend its poles.
You have 2 separate cabins and an organizer wall with numerous pockets which divides them, and such a structure is simply perfect for two couples or for parents with small kids. In the case of groups, each cabin has enough space for 5 campers sleeping on the floor.
The floor area is beyond comparison and no other tent in the text is a close match to this giant. The structure is completely freestanding and very stable, and you can move it and rotate after you set the tent up, this sounds incredible in view of its dimensions.
This is an incredibly livable design with no less than 4 entrance doors, two at each of the two covered porches. One of the porches is bigger and it is supported by an extra pole, so this part must be staked out. The porch on the other side is a natural part of the fly so you do not need any extra pole. This is simply an ingenious design.
The fabric is polyester, and the poles are steel. They do not provide official waterproofness rating so one can only guess, but the seams are sealed. Note that the stakes are included so use them and fix this structure to the ground in spite of its freestanding nature.
Here is a short video where you can see the basic features of this great structure:
- Incredible price, only $150 at the moment if writing the text.
- Instant tent – sets up in under 2 minutes.
- 4 entrance doors.
- 10 large windows.
- 2 huge separate covered porches with partially floored areas.
- Fits 4 queen airbeds.
- 2 electrical cord access points.
- Attachment hooks in all sections.
- Numerous storage pockets.
- The covered porches offer lots of protected space for gear.
- Weight: 44 lb (20 kg). So this is a heavy tool, but note that the bag has two heavy-duty wheels and two handles, and you will not have problems moving it from the car to the camping spot.
- Dimensions: 300 x 150 in (762 x 381 cm).
- Floor area: 312 ft² (29 m²).
- Peak height: 80 in (203 cm).
- Packed size: 48.8 x 11.8 x 11.8 in (124 x 30 x 30 cm).
2. CORE 10 Person Instant Cabin Tent With Screen Room
This Core 10 tent has many great features and some of them you see already in its name. So this is a 10-person tent that provides around 203 ft² (18.9 m²) of the floor area in its two rooms and the screen room which you see in the picture. This is a cabin type and it is also an instant setup tent with the official setup time of 2 minutes.
You have 4 large windows with mesh and with panels, and two large doors with the same structure. The screen room is without panels so it is not fully protected from the rain.
This is a very tall and pleasant summer camping tent with lots of mesh around and the ceiling is completely meshed, so you have a great ventilation and the tent is most suitable for a warmer climate. Please read more in my full review.
Note that they also have a version with integrated light, the CORE Lighted 10 Person Instant Cabin Tent with Screen Room.
3. Ozark Trail Family Cabin Tent
This is a camping castle, with 200 square feet of the inner space and 78 inches of peak height. The central part is a cabin-type zone supported by 4 steel poles. The side zones are supported by fiberglass poles, and the same material is in the central ceiling.
This tent is also known under the name Ozark Trail 10-Person 3-Room XL Family Cabin Tent, so the XL letters here are quite appropriate. It has plenty of space for 10 people, and it can also accommodate three queen-sized mattresses, with a room to spare.
You have effectively three rooms when you use the two integrated dividers. In such a configuration, each of the rooms has its own entrance. So you have the main entrance to the central cabin zone, and two zippered entrances on the sides, so all the occupants can maintain their privacy.
The setup is possible even for one person, and you will see this in the video below. The poles are all shock-corded and this makes the life easier.
There is a lot of mesh here, you have it in the numerous windows and doors, and the ceiling is all mesh. So ventilation should be great in any situation, but this also means that the tent is not for a cold environment. All the openings are with protective panels, and on the roof, you have a minimal fly.
This is a huge structure and it is not freestanding so chose carefully the place where you are going to set it up.
Note also that there is a model with the screened porch, you will see in the same link below. But this is a rather different model, so the central part is not the cabin-type tent, and all poles here are fiberglass. So this is an extended-dome tent and the internal features are also quite different, and you have much more storage pockets. Please see the procedure of setting this tent up in this short video:
- Great price, only around $200 as of the moment if writing the text.
- Note: there are several options available on Amazon, with and without included queen-size beds, so please check the link below.
- 3 rooms.
- 3 doors – you have one main door plus 2 doors on the sides.
- Great design with the central cabin and two extended side sections.
- Electric cable port.
- Built-in mud mat.
- Not freestanding.
Specifications (for the cabin-type tent)
- Weight: 27.6 lb (12.52 kg).
- Dimensions: 20 x 10 ft (610 x 305 cm).
- Floor area: 200 ft² (18.6 m²).
- Peak height: 78 in (198 cm).
- Packed size (L x D): 27.5 x 10.75 in (70 x 27 cm).
4. Tahoe Gear Olympia 10-Person 3-Season Family Camping Tent
This is a surprisingly lightweight tent for its huge size, only 23 lb (10.4 kg). Note that you have no less than 189 ft² (17.56 m²) of floor area here.
The tent is an extended-dome type, so it is not freestanding. You have 19 stakes included in the package, so this together with the 6 guylines will make it secure in the wind.
The fly is minimal and it covers only the roof, so in spite of the name, I see it as a summer camping tent. This is because of the mesh ceiling which does not keep the warmth, so it is best if used in a warmer and mild climate, and without much rain.
The tent is equipped with vents so a good air circulation is guaranteed. With 84-inch center height, this is a very tall structure and this is a reason more to stake it down properly.
The tent body fabric is a durable 70D/190T 1200 mm polyester and the same material is used in the fly, while the floor is a 120 g polyethylene. The poles are shock-corded and you have a pin-and-ring system for a quick set up.
- Great price, only $140 at the moment of writing the text.
- Extended dome type.
- Not freestanding.
- Power port for cord access inside the tent.
- Weight: 23 lb (10.4 kg).
- Dimensions: 18 x 10.5 ft (549 x 320 cm).
- Floor area: 189 ft² (17.56 m²).
- Peak height: 84 in (213 cm).
- Packed size: 30 x 9 x 9 in (76 x 23 x 23 cm).
- Warranty: 2 years.
5. Jet Tent F25DX 10 Person Camping Tent
The official capacity of this tent is 10 people and this is why it is here in the list. The inner floor area is 186 ft² (17.25 m²) so indeed it can accommodate such a number of users.
This is a poly-canvas structure so you have a very breathable material yet it offers a full protection for all seasons use and it is also suitable for all climates. All the openings and vents can be fully zipped if it is very cold outside, but you can also unzip them and have the best possible ventilation from all sides. The minimal fly and the floor are synthetic materials.
The tent is semi-instant by construction and you have 3-rooms. Note that it is very heavy, 44 kg, and it is also very expensive, but this is a top-quality item.
6. Mountain Trails Grand Pass 10 Tent
The Mountain Trails Grand Pass 10 is a is a dome-shaped tent with extended sections on both sides. So the setup is relatively easy and the tent is a lightweight structure with only 21.1 lb (9.57 kg). This is a summer-tent, and I would not use it in an environment with a lot of rain.
The tent is not freestanding, so bear this in mind when you plan your camping place, you need a ground which will keep the stakes.
The poles are fiberglass and you have them 7 here, all shock-corded, so you will not lose the parts. The two main long poles create the X-shaped central dome.
The tent is with 2 doors and with a cavernous design with windows and the extended dome sections. The fly is minimal and it only covers the meshed ceiling.
- Very affordable, only $113 at the moment of writing this text.
- Great floor area.
- Extended-dome type tent.
- 2 rooms separated by a divider.
- Not freestanding.
- Weight: 21.1 lb (9.57 kg).
- Dimensions (L x W): 18 x 10 ft (216 x 120 in, 549 x 305 cm).
- Floor area: 170 ft² (15.8 m²).
- Peak height: 6.3 ft (76 in; 192 cm).
7. Slumberjack Overland 10 Tent
This Overland 10 tent is here in the list for all good reasons. They describe it as designed for hunters, and for such a purpose you have enough space for 10 people. Though for family camping you should downgrade this considerably. The tent provides the area of 169 ft² (15.7 m²), and its packed size is really good, only (L x D) 26.5 x 10.25 inches (67 x 26 cm).
This is a luxurious 3-room tall structure, with 5 double-layer windows, one entry door and two inner doors. The floor is fully sewn-in and sealed. The waterproof rating is not particularly high, 1200 mm for the shell and 1500 for the floor. The poles are steel and aluminum combination. Note that this is a single layer structure, there is no mesh except on the windows. Please follow the link to read more.
8. White Duck Outdoors Alpha Wall Tent 12 x 14
This tent is with the declared capacity of 10 people and its area is 168 ft² (15.6 m²). Here you have a strong aluminum frame-type tent and the meaning of this term is that the frame is set up completely separately and then you put the tent on. Note also that it comes with a ready Stove Jack and you can use a stove for wood heating.
This is a true 4-season tent and it performs equally good in warm conditions as well as in cold weather situations. You have a fully breathable cotton fabric but the waterproof rating is rather modest 450 mm. The tent is a single room structure with a removable floor.
Its weight is huge, 172 lb (78 kg) and it comes in two separate bags that are 45 x 14 x 14 inches (114 x 36 x 36 cm) and 49 x 14 x 10 inches (124 x 36 x 25 cm). Please read more in my full review.
9. Coleman WeatherMaster
The Coleman WeatherMaster 10 is a summertime cabin-style camping tent. This means it is rather tall, with steep walls, and with a minimal rain fly which covers the ceiling only.
The tent is a nicely built and very livable structure, so you have two hinged doors on the opposite sides. The doors are with mesh windows which you can keep partly open even when it is raining because of small awnings above the doors. But you also have several separate meshed windows, and two of them are angled and positioned under the fly, so they can stay open all the time.
You also have ventilation openings close to the floor, and this combined with the ceiling which is completely a mesh will allow a perfect air circulation, so ventilation should never be an issue with this tent.
The official weather resistance for this tent is only 450 mm due to its PU coating. This may not look much, but this will be completely enough for a normal summertime camping. Note that the floor is a bathtub-style design.
So much mesh on the ceiling and large windows suggest that this tent is not the best option for a cold environment, so use it for summer camping and you will enjoy it.
To set up this tent, it is best to do it with a partner, and this is doable in less than half an hour. Everything is color-coded and this makes the procedure so easy. Please see more in this video:
- Very good price, only $168 as of the moment of writing this text. Please check the link below for updates.
- Two rooms – divider included.
- 2 hinged doors – one on each side. You have poles here, one vertical plus one bent, which give the shape to the door, but you also have zippers to close them completely.
- Easy setup in about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Space for 3 queen airbeds.
- Very good ventilation.
- Not freestanding – it must be staked to the ground to set it up. Stakes are included.
- Only for mild weather conditions.
- Expandable carry bag.
- Weight: 37 lb (16.8 kg).
- Dimensions: 17 x 9 ft (518 x 274 cm).
- Floor area: 153 ft² (14.2 m²).
- Peak height: 6 ft. 8 in (203 cm).
- Packed size (L x D): 30.31 x 10.23 in (77 x 26 cm).
- Warranty: 1-year limited.
10. Columbia Sportswear Fall River 10 Person Instant Dome Tent
This is a huge and pleasant tent with enough space for 10 people sleeping on the floor and 84 inches (213 cm) tall, with 6 windows on all sides.
As the name suggests, this is an instant tent, so it comes with the frame preassembled and attached to the tent. So all you have to do is to unfold it and to expand its telescopic poles and it will raise from the ground in minutes. One person can do this in 10 minutes, with 2 or more people this will be almost instant.
In view of such a design, this is a great tool for groups of people or for families on a cross-country tour and on any other tours where you change the place frequently. You wouldn’t want a tool which is complicated to set up; well, more simple it cannot be, this is the tool for such situations.
This is a freestanding tent, but stakes are included and you should stake it to the ground whenever possible.
The divider between the rooms is permanently attached, and you have two D-shaped doors on it that can be rolled to the side or zipped completely for privacy. Both rooms are large enough to accommodate a queen-size bed. In fact, they claim that each room can have 2 such queen size beds but you would not have any space left. A better idea is to use bunk cots, in particular, if you camp with kids.
The tent has one main door on one of its longer sides, but it also has a huge extra door which is under the small awning. Note also that you have 2 vents close to the floor so that air can circulate all the time. In combination with the ceiling completely in mesh, you will never have condensation issues in this tent.
The tent is described as a 3-season tool, but when you see all this mesh in the ceiling you realize that using it in a cold environment would not be such a great experience. So this is a great summer tent but not much more than that.
Note that its packed size is not so great, the bundle is a bit long, but this is because of its instant design which includes telescopic poles.
See a bit more in this short video:
- Current price is around $350. Please check the link below.
- 2 rooms.
- 2 external doors & 2 internal doors.
- Instant setup – so this is a preassembled tent which opens like an umbrella.
- Electric cable port.
- 6 large meshed windows.
- 2 ground wents for air circulation.
- Weight: 39 lb (17.7 kg).
- Dimensions: 15 x 10 ft (457 x 305 cm).
- Floor area: 150 ft² (13.94 m²).
- Peak height: 84 in (213 cm).
- Packed size 48 x 43 in (122 x 109 cm).
11. ALPHA CAMP 10-12 Person Tent with Screen Room
This tent is relatively low in the list here and the tents are ordered by the floor area. And from the name you realize that the declared capacity is 10 – 12 people. So the tent offers the total area of 214 ft² (19.9 m²), but the inner area is 144 ft² (13.4 m²) and this is not so much for such a number of users. The tent is with a large screen room and this is what adds the area mentioned here. This is why I have added it in my list of extra large tents.
But this is a very pleasant and tall 3-room structure, so you have an inner tent with a divider and you have two sleeping zones, while the front is with a screen room. The screen room is without floor and without panels, just a mesh as a protection from flying insects, and it is covered from above so you can sit in the shade and also use it for cooking.
This is a framed tent, and the meaning is that you set up the frame separately, and it is fully freestanding. After that you attach the tent to it. But the screen room has its own frame, so you have two loops and it looks like a tunnel tent from this side. This all results in a huge weight, so the tent weighs 61 lb (27.7 kg). Please follow the link for more details.
12. CORE 10 Person Straight Wall Cabin Tent 14 x 10
The CORE 10 Person Straight Wall Cabin Tent is what its name suggests, a very pleasant cabin-style tent in the best sense, with a very high ceiling reaching 7 ft (218 cm) at the center.
The structure is very stable and freestanding, with 6 steel poles 16 mm diameter, and 6 fiberglass 12.5 mm roof poles. Note that the stakes are included.
The tent is for summer camping and I would not put it on very harsh tests, such a tall structure with a minimal fly is for mild weather conditions. Though they claim that the tent will keep you dry and comfortable due to their Core H20 Block Technology.
All the windows and doors feature zippered panels for rain protection and for privacy. You have a gear loft with lantern hook and several organizer pockets included, all very useful for keeping small gear off the floor.
The tent is with a useful venting system which includes vents close to the door so that a cool air from the ground can circulate in combination with the mesh ceiling which allows for hot air to escape. Please read more in my full review.
13. Coleman Instant Cabin 10 Tent with Fly – Coleman Signature
This is yet another instant cabin tent, with all good features that come with such a design. So one person can set it up in just a couple of minutes, you will see this in the video below. But such a boxy and tall structure is not aerodynamic and this tent should not be used at places with lots of wind, I have seen some complaints about its performance in such situations.
The poles are telescopic here, the frame is preassembled in the factory, and this is what makes the setup so easy. This is a freestanding tent but do not miss to stake it to the ground, all stakes are included in the package.
This tent is also known as the Signature Tent version, but they have yet another version which is without the mesh on the ceiling (you can see it in the video below), just to know to avoid confusion. So the Signature version is a summer tent and I would not use it in a cold environment.
Please see this video to realize how easy it is to set this tent up:
- The current price is around $250, please follow the link for updates.
- Instant 1-minute setup – in reality, it is around 3 minutes.
- 1 door.
- Ground vent for increased ventilation.
- Windows on all sides.
- Meshed ceiling protected by a rain fly.
- Room divider creates privacy without feeling cramped.
- Dimensions: 14 x 10 ft (427 x 305 cm).
- Floor area: 140 ft² (13 m²).
- Peak height: 6 ft. 7 in (201 cm).
- Warranty: 1-year limited.
- Packed size (L x D): 46.46 x 10.24 in (118 x 26 cm).
14. Campvalley 10-Person Instant Cabin Tent
This is a beautifully designed instant tent that you can set up in under 2 minutes. As usual for such tents, the poles are pre-attached to the tent so the setup implies unfolding it and extending the telescoping poles. They are with predesigned length so you will hear a “click” when they lock at the desired length.
The tent is freestanding and the removable rainfly is 68D coated polyester. On the front part, you have huge windows with mesh and panels, and this area converts into a screened room with an awning, as you can see from the picture above. There are two extra poles which you will use for the awning.
I have seen a statement by the seller that the tent is with 16000 – 20000 mm waterproofness rating, and I find this an absurd statement which cannot possibly be taken seriously. You will not find any family camping tent with such a rating. It is disappointing to see such a statement, to say the least.
The tent comes with a room divider so you can effectively transform it into a 2-room space. Note also that you have a gear loft included and an opening for electrical cords. One vent on the narrow side of the tent helps the air circulation.
The ceiling is completely a mesh, and you have the minimal fly for its protection. Huge windows are on all sides, so this is again a nice summer camping tent. Stake it down and do not use in a very windy place, this tent cannot withstand lots of side pressure, but this is the same for most tents given here in the text.
Please see more in this video, the whole procedure is shown from unpacking to setting the tent up:
- Great price, currently only $180. Please check the link for updates.
- 2 doors.
- 2 rooms created by a divider.
- Awning configuration.
- Instant setup.
- Electric cord port.
- Gear loft is included.
- Ground vent for air circulation.
- Weight: 38.6 lb (17.5 kg).
- Dimensions: 14 x 10 ft (427 x 305 cm).
- Floor area: 140 ft² (13 m²).
- Peak height: 7 ft (213 cm).
15. Ozark Trail 10-Person Dark Rest Instant Cabin Tent
Here you have a tent which offers the floor area of 140 ft² (13 m²). The tent is with some exceptional features and the main is its dark rest design. This includes the dark color materials used in its construction, but also zippered panels on the ceiling. These panels can be kept open and you can regulate the amount of the daylight in the tent.
The tent is also instant setup type. So you can pitch this huge structure in less than 2 minutes. The tent is very livable and pleasant, with two doors visible in the picture and with 8 windows. This is a 2-room construction with a removable divider and each of the rooms has its own entrance. Please read more in my full review.
16. NTK Arizona GT 9 to 10 Person 17.4 by 8 Foot Sport Camping Tent
This is a very interesting design, a tent with 2 rooms and 2 doors, smaller than the other models above but still full of great features.
The tent is a hybrid, something between an extended dome type tent and a tunnel tent. So this is a very long structure, 17.4 ft (5.3 m) and you will need lots of space for it. It is not freestanding, so you have to stake it down to have it fully functional.
The main room is under the dome created by the two X-shaped poles, and on both sides, you have vestibules and an extra room on one side. The divider between the rooms is with a central vertical zipper.
The entrance doors are on the two opposite narrow sides, and this is something you would typically see in some tunnel tents. But note that the doors are asymmetric by the design. One is D-shaped and on the longer side of the tent, and the other is larger and on the front (narrow) side.
The most important feature which makes it completely different from all other tents here is that this is a fully double-layer tent. So you have the inner tent and a full-coverage fly which goes all the way to the ground. This is really exceptional for the tents of this type and this is what makes it my favorite tent in the group. So this is indeed a true 3-season tent and you can use it in any weather situations.
Note also that the inner tent is not with the usual mesh on the ceiling, but the tent is the tunnel type and you have plenty of ventilation inside. This also implies that it is far better suitable for a relatively cold environment than any other tent in the list. But do not make a mistake, this is certainly not a winter tent.
The fly is with vents, so when it is raining and you keep the front vestibule closed, you can still have ventilation. This front vestibule is with two side zippers so you can extend it and create a shade for sitting outside. You can also roll it up so this is a great design indeed.
On the opposite side, the fly can be rolled up and you will have a screen room to sleep under the stars when the sky is clear. As I mentioned above, in this area the D-shaped door is on the longer side of the tent.
The floor is a tarp-like material, pretty durable and it is bathtub type. This is a heavy-duty anti-fungus seamless polyethylene with an inner silver-coated layer which will keep you dry and protected. The tent body is 190T polyester laminated with polyurethane 2500 mm coating, so these are pretty impressive numbers and features.
The poles are shock-corded fiberglass rods with improved diameter and double gold-plated ferrules, so this is a material which needs a bit of care.
Please see more in this video, it is long but worth seeing:
- Reasonable price for such a quality tent, $260 at the moment of writing the text.
- 2 doors.
- 2 rooms.
- 3 windows.
- Not freestanding.
- Double-layer tent.
- Full-coverage rain fly, a true 3-season tent.
- Gear loft included.
- Weight: 26.45 lb (12 kg).
- Dimensions: 17.4 x 8 ft (530 x 245 cm).
- Floor area: 139 ft² (12.9 m²).
- Peak height: 80.4 in (204 cm).
So this was my list of the best 10-person camping tents for families and groups, some with truly unique and great features, and practically all of them with really affordable and reasonable prices. So if you feel confused with so many options here are a few more hints.
- If this is about three couples, then the Ozark Trail tent with 3 rooms and 3 separate doors looks like the best option.
- If this is about two couples, I find the CORE Straight Wall Cabin tent very suitable because it can be divided in two rooms and each of them has its own door on the opposite sides of the tent. The same is with the number 1 in the list which is with completely separate cabins.
- The most reliable tent for 3-season use, in my opinion, is the number 10, the NTK Arizona tent.
- Need something for all seasons? Then consider the White Duck Outdoors Alpha Wall Tent.
- If this is about changing your camping place frequently, I would warmly suggest considering any of the instant tents above.
Thank you for reading. If you still do not see a tent for you, please look around, this site is only about large family camping tents and I am sure you will find something for you. For example, you can see a list of great 8-person tents in this text and also this list with best 9-person camping tents.
Please use the comment box below in the case of comments or questions. I wish you a nice day.