Here you have a list of very tall tents for camping all above 215 cm (84.6 in) in various styles and for various use from 1 to 4 seasons. The list includes the dome, tunnel, and cabin tents.
What is in the list
Regarding the type
- When you think about tall tents, you would expect first to see cabin tents, so indeed some of the tents here are in this category.
- But you will be surprised to know that the tallest tent here (as of the moment of writing this text) is, in fact, a dome tent. Now, this must be something extraordinary, right? I can tell you it is indeed, you will see below.
- There are also tunnel tents here. These are structures that are tall almost all the way along their main axes, so they are very livable and pleasant. You might think that nothing can beat the mentioned cabin style tents when it comes to livability, but wait to see some of the tunnel tents below.
Regarding the seasons & climate
- Some of the tents are for summer camping only, or maximum 2 seasons. Those are mainly the cabin tents. The reason is that they are with huge windows and doors, with minimal fly, etc. So they are great for a warm climate and they provide an excellent ventilation, but such structures do not preserve the warmth, and they are also not for strong rains and winds.
- On the other hand, the tunnel tents here are with solid windows, without mesh, with a great waterproof rating, etc. So they are for wet areas and also for a cooler climate. You can also use them in areas with lots of dust and sand in the air, they are fully enclosed and offer a full protection.
- There are examples of true winter tents as well. You will see the best of the best below.
Regarding the technology
- Some of the tents are with air beams.
- Most of them are with classic poles, and those can be aluminum or fiberglass.
- Some of the tents are with the waterproof rating among the highest on the market in general.
My list of the best tall camping tents
The tents in the list are ordered by the height from lower to higher.
The list includes the tents with the height of 215 cm or higher. So why this limit? There are no particular reasons except that this is a rather exclusive group. For example, there are many tents in the range 200 – 213 cm, but those above 215 cm are rare. But you will see below, I give also a separate list with the tents in the height range 210 – 213 cm. All tents mentioned here are presented in detail in my separate reviews, so you can follow the links to read more.
1. Coleman Air Valdes 600 XL Tent
As you realize from the name, here you have a tent with air beams combined with two classic poles used in the porch area. The tent is only for 6 people, but you have a huge area in its 4 separate rooms, no less than 344 ft² (32 m²).
The tent is with the dark rest design so it blocks 99% of the daylight. You have also an impressive waterproof rating of 4500 mm.
The peak height is 84.6 in (215 cm) so you realize why it is included here in the list. Please follow the link below for more.
2. Eurohike Buckingham Elite 6 Tent
This is a tent from the Elite series, with 3 dark rest rooms and solid PVC windows. This is a tunnel style tent that offers 181 ft² (16.8 m²) of the floor area. The peak height here is 84.6 in (215 cm).
This is a versatile design which offers several inner configurations. This is because of its structure which includes the sleeping areas as tents within the tent. The waterproof rating is 3000 mm.
3. Outwell Clarkston 6A Tent
The Clarkston 6A is 215 cm tall, so it is here with good reasons. This is also a very large tent with 4 rooms and 290 ft² (27 m²). One more unusual feature here is that this tent comes with air beams instead of classic poles. You have a pump included.
The sleeping zone is a tent within the tent and with dark rest features. You have 8 PVC windows and they are all tinted, plus three windows of the same type on the 3 entry doors. They all have shutters for privacy, so this is a very pleasant and livable construction.
The waterproof rating is 4000 mm for the shell and 10000 mm for the floor. So you realize that this is a very reliable tent for a 3-season use.
The tent is fully enclosed so it is very suitable for camping in cool weather and with a lot of rain. Please read more in my full review.
4. Arctic Oven Tent
Here you have a true winter tent designed to work with a wood stove. Everything is designed for extreme conditions. You have a full coverage fly and the inner tent without mesh but built from a unique Vapex fabric.
The tent is for 6 people and it offers 152 ft² (14.1 m²) of the inner area plus 46 ft² (4.3 m²) under the vestibule. The peak height is 7’2” (218 cm). Price-wise, this is one of the most expensive tents here in the site. Please follow the link to read more.
5. CORE 10 Person Straight Wall Cabin Tent
This is a freestanding tall structure with the peak height of 86 in (218 cm). When you combine this with its cabin style design with straight walls and large windows, you realize how pleasant this tent is.
The tent offers 140 ft² (13 m²) of the floor area which is organized in two units with a removable divider. So clearly this is not enough space for ten people, better downgrade it by half and you will have a great camping tool. The design is for summer camping and not for a cool environment. Please follow the link for more.
6. Eureka Desert Canyon 6 Tent
The Desert Canyon 6 is a new item on the market. As you realize from the name, the capacity is relatively small, but the structure is very tall, so the peak height is 86 in (218 cm).
The inner area is quite modest for the declared capacity, only 100 ft² (9.3 m²), so it is best to downgrade this drastically to 2-3 people only. The fly is partial coverage and the tent is incredibly tall, so it is best to use it for summer camping in a quiet area without much wind.
7. Outwell Edmonds 5A Tent
With its peak height of 220 cm (86.6 in), this Edmonds 5A tent deserves to be here in the list of these tall giants. It also offers no less than 21 m² (226 ft²) yet its declared capacity is only 5 people. So it can accommodate far more people, I would say 8 – 9 easily.
This is also a tent with air-beam technology, without classic poles. It comes with PVC tinted windows, three entry doors and all with mesh and panels, and you have 4-rooms here and these include 2 sleeping rooms, a large living room, plus a fully enclosed front room with a removable floor.
The waterproof rating is very high, you have 4000 mm for the shell and 10000 mm for the floor. Please read more in my full review.
8. Outwell Vermont XLP Premium 7 Person Tent
The Vermont XLP 7 person tent is with all good reasons here in the list. This is a very tall tent with its 86.6 inches (220 cm). But such a height is supported with very strong steel poles and you have them 10 on the sides and 5 on the roof. So you will not find many stronger structures on the market.
The area is 371 ft² (34.48 m²) and it is organized in 5 rooms. The tent is very heavy and the total weight is 125.5 lb (56.8 kg). Note that this is in two separate packages for an easier handling.
There are 3 entry doors and 4 inner doors, and they are double-layer design with mesh and with panels, so you have both ventilation and protection. You also have PVC windows, tinted and with shutters.
The waterproof rating is huge, 6000 mm for the shell tent and 10000 mm for the floor. It comes with many great features like a built-in wardrobe, around 20 storage pockets, and several cable entry points. You also have a thermo-reflective coating and a dark rest design. Please follow the link to read more.
9. Browning Camping Big Horn 8 Tent
The Big Horn 8 is in the list here because of its height, so this is an impressive structure with 87 inches (221 cm) at the peak. This is also a cabin style tent which means that the volume is huge, so the structure is very livable and pleasant.
The tent is with two doors and a removable divider. Each of the doors has its own entrance. The total area is 150 ft² (13.9 m²). As you realize from the picture, the tent is with a partial coverage fly, so I would use it for summer camping only, and at places without much wind. More in my full review.
10. Eurohike Buckingham Elite 8 Tent
This is an exceptional design, a tunnel type tent with 5 rooms. Those include one large living room plus 4 sleeping units with the dark rest design. The tent offers 249 ft² (23.1 m²) of the floor area.
Everything is impressive here, the waterproof rating included, it is 3000 mm. But the reason for having it in the list is its height. This is one of the tallest tents on the market, with the apex height of 88.6 in (225 cm). Please follow the link to read more.
11. Crua Core Dome 6 Tent
You realize from the name and from the position in the lust what you have here. So this is a dome tent, but a unique one. So this is a tent with air beam technology and it is designed as a core part for the Crua Clan. You have 3 huge doors, a huge porch, and this is a tent with 229 cm peak height.
The inner area is 192 ft² (17.8 m²) but you also have a huge porch with three doors which adds roughly 67 ft² (6.25 m²) of the area, so the total protected area is around 259 ft² (24 m²). Please read more in my full review.
Some more tall tents for tall people
So the list given above is limited to tents with the peak height 215 cm and above. But there are many more of them presented here in the site that are close to this value, and if you feel you need to see some more options please have a look here:
- Eurohike Hampton 6 – 210 cm.
- Vango Capri 600 XL – 210 cm.
- Vango Avington 600 XL – 210 cm.
- Vango Iris 600 XL – 210 cm.
- Crua Loj 6 – 211 cm.
- Ozark Trail 20 Person Tent – 211 cm.
- Ozark Trail 16 Person Tent – 211 cm.
- Alps Mountaineering Camp Creek 6 Tent – 213 cm.
- Alps Mountaineering Camp Creek 2 Room Tent – 213 cm.
- Coleman Prairie Breeze 9 Tent – 213 cm.
- Core 9 Person Instant Cabin Tent – 213 cm.
- Core 10 Person Instant Cabin Tent – 213 cm.
- Eureka Copper Canyon 6, 8, and 12 – all of them 213 cm.
- Ozark Trail 15 Person Tent – 213 cm.
So this was my list of very tall tents for camping, in fact, these are the tallest tents available on the market. The list will be updated when some new models appear, so bookmark this page and stay tuned.
Do not miss to check the second list given above, with the tents in the range 210 – 213 cm. The height difference between them and those above 215 cm is not substantial, and you have a huge variety of types and features.
Thank you for reading. Please let me know if you have any question or comment, there is a comment box below. Have a nice day.